Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Goodies, Animals and Craftiness

Typical morning during Cal's visit!

I’m currently writing from Haliburton, ON where I am taking level one of a six-year hand-spinning programme through the Ontario Handweavers and Spinners Guild. I’m having a fantastic time and meeting lots of people. I’m learning a lot too - much of which I will share over the next few weeks.

I want to get back to Ms. Cal Patch of Hodge Podge Farm’s visit… The title of this post pretty much sums up what occupied much of Cal and my time (and pretty much in that order too).
One of our many identical interests is goodies, mostly in the form of pastries, only from Indy bakers/bakeries. Also, if one has acquired said goodies, one also needs some sort of delicious tea – preferably black and scented.



Animals – I have cats, Cal has Gertie (a dog that doesn’t really seem all that dog like). My cats were not sure what Gertie was, they knew they didn’t really like her but were not too sure. Gertie, who was raised by cats, totally ignored the cats. We also met Maisy the Workroom dog!



Even Tamaralda loved Gertie!
Best for last! Craftiness! I was able to very happily sit in on several of Cal’s classes. The first was a pattern making class to make a pattern for a dress (the lovely blogstress/my friend Claire was in attendance)! I was so excited to learn how to make a pattern based on MY body!

Gertie is Cal's helper during class.


La Blogstress Claire.


Dress pattern making at Lettuce Knit!

Cal is a wonderful teacher and I was lucky enough to also take a t-shirt pattern making class at Workroom. Workroom is an amazing space full of fabrics and classes and books…. My head was spinning with excitement! Again! A perfect pattern for a perfect t-shirt for ME!


Lettuce Knit was Cal and my home for three evenings in a row! Their Stitch n’ Bitch night was so much fun! I had a great time meeting the Lettuce team! I also got to sit in on Cal’s embroidery for knitter’s class – which re-ignited my love for embroidery in a whole new way.


Lettuce Knit Stitch n' Bitch.


Embroidery class at Lettuce Knit.

Cal and I had the perfect week – well, I guess I can’t speak for her….

As an addendum to my last post, the cardinal nest was empty as of the other day. No eggs/babies/Momma bird. I believe it was some nasty badsy raccoon out for a quick snack....

2 comments:

  1. it surely WAS a perfect week!!! though we would each weigh a million pounds if we lived in the same town ;n)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those classes look wonderful! Need to attend them next time Cal comes up...

    Gerdie looks very happy...

    Cupcakes look mighty yummy too!
    Helle

    ReplyDelete