Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OHS Second Time and More!

Haliburton School of the Arts - Red Door!

I have just completed my second year for my OHS Hand-spinning certificate, well the actual school part at least...  many hours of homework await me.
View from our cabin.
This year, up at the beautiful Haliburton School of the Arts, we focused on worsted spinning, wool and nature dyeing.  All of it was way up my alley.
Colour Blending:

The weather was wonderful, my cabin mates were fantastic and my fibre nerd classification went up ten points!
Nature Dyeing with Marigolds:
Trying out various wheels and combing wool - my new favorite thing:
 This summer is shaping up to be a good one - I'll be teaching a Granny Square class on July 21st at Greewood Quiltery, a total revamp of THIS blog, a few Surface Design and hand-spinning classes that I will be attending AND, the best of all, a residency at HODGEPODGE FARM! (I will be writing about that one very soon)....
Testing a lock for soundness and a bag-o-homework fleece:


1 comment: