Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sheep and Wool Festival 2013!


Welcome to Rhinebeck...
About a month ago, I left for my annual trip to the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival.
As usual, I had a fantastic time.
Cal Patch and me.
I got to wear my new Violaine - a crocheted sweater that I made out of my own hand-spun yarn. 
I purchased the roving last year at the festival and managed to finish the sweater just in time. 
Hand-spun goodness.
It was so wonderful to see so many cheery faces, meet new people and catch-up with friends. 
I spent the weekend doing what most people do at Sheep and Wool - feeling fibre and petting animals.
I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves for this post now...
Cal Patch and Sonya Philip
Cal and Jill Draper





The gal's from Fancy Tigre Crafts!
Cal and a new friend.























Me and some puppet friends.
The Ravelry Meet-up.
The Damage.













3 comments:

  1. YAY! so fun! what a weekend... gotta do mine! our reports make it look like EVERYONE was wearing crochet at Rhinebeck... ;n)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our dream world, everyone would be wearing crochet! ...and knitting, of course!

      Delete
  2. Sheep are the animals that have become the symbols almost of everything. A sheep is a symbol of prosperity and wealth, as well as of blessings and high spirits. It's common knowledge that they were treated like God creatures that couldn't be neglected earlier.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete